On a very rainy Thursday afternoon on 26 January, Filipe and Pedro from Niobo* came along to the Museum to provide members with an Idiot's Guide to Drones. What did we learn?
- How to fly a drone (leave it on GPS and NOT on manual)
- How to make it rain (do the rain dance whilst holding the drone)
- How to make a flame thrower (bang a nail into the battery).
- How to make great movies without hiring a helicopter
- You can't use a drone to secretly spy on someone by their swimming pool because it makes a noise like a lawnmower.
* For those who don't know, Niobo is a National Portuguese Photographic and Video Equipment Retailer, with an outlet in Olhão (near the docks), and an internet store (www.niobo.pt) - in Portuguese and English, where you can buy everything, including the kitchen sink. They are outr friends, provide regular talks, and will give a discount for APG callers at the Olhão store.
Carole decides to break for home, despite the torrential downpour